Our hiring process goes through 5 stages. If you are interested in working with us, simply do the following:
- Fill out and send in an Application
- Wait for FETC to call you
- Schedule an Interview
- Complete Health Forms
- Attend the Orientation
Send us Your Application
Becoming a staff member at FETC starts with filling out an Employment Application. Read the directions carefully and fill in all required information.
Send the completed application to 273 Finch Avenue, Meriden, CT 06451.
Or fax it to us at: 203-639-0831.
Feel free to give us a call and ask if we have received your application. (p) 203-630-2881.
We Will Contact You
Once we receive an application, our hiring manager does the following:
- Reviews your professional references
- Reviews your personal references
- Runs an initial background check
- Verifies Certification (for Personal Care Attendants and Live-In Aides)
At this time, our hiring manager may call you to ask for clarification or discuss the contents of your application. If we feel that you are a good fit for our agency, you will be invited to come in for an interview.
The interview is an opportunity for us to see who you are, so be prepared and professional. Our clients are looking for friendly, clean, and dedicated assistants. You should consider dressing business casual or in scrubs.
Make sure to bring the following to the interview:
- Driver’s License
- Car Insurance Information
- Social Security Card
- Nurse’s Aid certificate or Home Health Aide certificate (for PCA or Live-In applicants)
Post-Interview Review and Health Forms
Our hiring manager reviews your interview in comparison to other job candidates. We also run a second background check and conduct further reference calls as required.
Following the interview a candidate must get the following forms signed by a physician:
- Physical Statement- asserting that a candidate is healthy enough to perform the required work
- PPD (Tuberculin) Test 1- first reading of the PPD test
- PPD (Tuberculin) Test 2- second reading of the PPD test
After the candidate has had the Health Forms signed by a physician (physical statement and two PPD readings), the hiring manager sets a date for an Orientation. This Orientation includes:
- Hands-On Training
- Job Competency Evaluation
- Video Training
- Hiring Paperwork
Once you have completed Orientation you are an official staff member at Franciscan Ever There Care. New staff members accompany experienced staff members as they care for our clients. This ‘job shadowing’ ensures that new staff members learn the quality of care that is expected from an employee of FETC.